ENGLISH - Adverbs

 ADVERBS

DATE- 31/8/21


Topics covered- Adverbs and its types with the help of ppt.


Textual Answers:

1.

Fill in the blanks with appropriate adverbs from those given in the box below.

a.

I excitedly called my friends and arranged for a get-together at my place.

b.

Everyone was really happy.

 

c.

I asked them, When will you arrive here?” Every one promised to reach my house soon.

d.

I arranged for a huge table outside in the verandah.

 

e.

Ideally, I cook for all my friends but, today they willingly offered to bring food for the party.

f.

Finally, after an hour, my friends started arriving.

 

g.

We completely forgot about the food and started singing songs.

h.

It was a day spent well.

 

2.

Insert the given adverbs correctly in the sentences.

 

a.

Have you taken the test, yet? (yet)

 

b.

He obviously forgot to take his house keys. (obviously)

 

c.

We have already registered ourselves for Organ Donation Camp. (already)

d.

Probably, the furniture they bought is expensive. (probably)

 

e.

I almost missed my bus in the morning. (almost)

 

 

3.

Replace the words underlined with adverbs from the box and rewrite the sentences.

a.

Kirti and Jack will be planning for a holiday in the near future. (shortly)

b.

The assistant replied to the mail in a timely manner. (promptly)

 

c.

The teacher spoke to the students in an encouraging manner. (encouragingly)

d.

We only on few occasions see our entire family together. (seldom)

 

e.

The aroma spread in all places. (everywhere)

 

4.

There is an error in each sentence against which a blank has been given. Write the incorrect word and the correction in the correct blank as given in the example. One

 

Error

Correction

a. I wake up oftenly on hearing the sound of the little birds

often

oftenly

b. twittering gail outside the bedroom window.

gail

gaily

c. Immediate, I open the window and see dew drops all around.

immediate

immediately

d. Sooner, the bright sunrays will fall on the land and a new day will begin.

sooner

soon

e. Morning is a too peaceful time of the day.

too

very

 


Popular posts from this blog

English VIII A and B Chapter 1 Where love is, God is

English POEM Uphill

English Poem 2. The Brook